- PE day – Tuesday – full PE kit is required.
- Homework – Maths & spellings sent out on a Friday to be returned the following Tuesday. ‘Takeaway’ homework dates due in are on the task sheet. Task 1 – 3rd November. Task 2 – 17th November. Task 3 – 8th December. Spelling test on a Friday.
- Reading books – to be brought to school daily. All pupils should be reading every night.
- Times tables – practice at home daily.
- Water bottles – please ensure children bring water bottles to school, clearly labelled with their name.
- School uniform – please ensure all items brought to school are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
During this half theme, the children have:
- Learnt about significant rivers of Wales, in particular the River Towy.
- Used a range of geographical skills to investigate the physical features of rivers, including the water cycle, and to consider the impact these features may have on the landscape.
- Developed investigative fieldwork skills.
- Used ICT and other sources to find, record, and present information.
- Responded to a stimulus in a creative way, developing skills in the expressive arts.
- Written poetry on a theme using descriptive and expressive vocabulary.
- Presented a balanced argument, based on factual information.
We have travelled the journey of the River Towy, from the source near Llyn Brianne Dam to the mouth at Llansteffan. The children were able to identify a range of river features along the way. A wonderful time was had by all!